Saturday, October 4, 2008

This Peace

I am glad it's Saturday. The morning is cool and still. Time in God's Word was insightful and wonderful as usual.

This was a tough week. I was really feeling the weight of my world. Thursday, I broke a little. Thoughts of not having Momma, hormones, and a feeling of being completely overwhelmed at work caused the floodgates to burst. I kept myself together as long as I could, but could no longer restrain the tears at faculty meeting. Tears that I could not stop freely flowed down my face. I bolted. Fortunately, I am in a very supportive work environment and two of my co-workers/friends chased me down to make sure I was okay. I just needed some time to recollect myself, so I came home. By the time small group arrived, I was fine. The evidence remained, but the tears themselves were gone.

I kept telling myself that it was ridiculous to be crying, but I guess we sometimes need those moments of release. It felt very cleansing, or 'cathartic,' as my friend Amy put it. I am thankful for God's comfort and peace. Music, I think, is one of those comforts. Using what others have found in God, and sharing it through lyric and musical composition. One of those songs is "This Peace" by Sara Groves. I love the words: It's a mystery appeal that's been granted me tonight; This peace; This peace.

It was exactly that on Thursday: an appeal to Almighty God that was granted, and is still being felt.

p.s. - Michele, I miss you! I know you completely understand these emotions that just surprise us!!!

No comments: