Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whew!

Wow, am I glad this week is over! It has been such a crazy, busy week going back to work. Despite having gone to work in my classroom for 3 days the week before, I still had so much work to do in order to prepare for students. I still have some work left and will need to go to my classroom this weekend to be ready for students on Monday morning. I brought stuff home to do as well. The beginning of the year is so busy, and I don't think people realize just how much work goes into it.

Yesterday was our "Rally Day" where parents and students come to see who they have and meet the teacher. I have to admit that I don't look forward to that hour (that usually turns into 1 1/2-2 hours). Don't get me wrong - I enjoy meeting people and my students. But I am an absolute nervous wreck about 20 minutes prior, because I get anxious. I don't do well in chaotic circumstances, and I do better when I can moderate better who to talk to and for how long. But when you have 4 or more people all wanting to meet you and talk to you - well, it doesn't really mesh with my personality. Fortunately, they came in small clusters, and I didn't have too many people at once in my room. So it was much more manageable! Though due to my introverted nature, after that hour or so, I am exhausted! I came home (after Happy Hour with coworkers!) and just sat in a vegetated state on my couch. I'm not kidding! And I replayed in my mind who I spoke to and what I said, and did I say something stupid, and did I answer their question well, . . . and on and on. It took awhile for my mind to shut off.

So this morning it was really nice to wake up slowly and then spend some time in quietness, reading from my Bible and journaling. I love the peace that comes from spending time with the Lord! It is one of those times that when I'm done, I don't feel like I haven't accomplished anything. I finish feeling refreshed and renewed. It is the best part of my day!

No comments: