Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Precipice of a New Year

Here we are at the end of 2011. It is hard to wrap my mind around what all has occurred this year. Even more unfathomable is what lies ahead of me in 2012. This year has been a time of turmoil and triumph. Turmoil in my personal life with an intimate relationship (that is thankfully much improved) and the unexpected baby girl that is now stirring and growing inside me. I finished my Masters program for Library Science, which was a joy in itself. I also took and passed my state school librarian certification exam. What an immense relief it is to be done with all of that!

Now I sit and contemplate what the new year will and can potentially bring, I am both anxious and eager. I hope to find a school librarian position for next school year. I would love to leave some of the stresses of the classroom behind yet stay in an educational role, especially seeing as how I will have an infant daughter that will become far more important to me. My hope is to be in a position that will allow me to focus more on my own child and not come home weary and stressed.

Speaking of my own child, we will welcome a baby girl into the world near the end of March. This carries with it its own anxieties and excitement. We have already begun the process of obtaining items in anticipation of her arrival. It is still so surreal to me when I feel her moving and kicking around. I was not sure I wanted to be a parent, but now that I will certainly be one, I cannot think of a more monumental calling and task in life. A life-long job has been placed before us.

Oh, what a year this will be!

No comments: