Saturday, September 27, 2008

Poetry

Some people probably don't know this about me, but I love poetry. I love to read it, and I love to write it. I wrote more prolifically when I was younger, but sometimes have inspiration to write now. I usually just come up with a few lines and then get stuck. I don't know why I think a poem has to be longer than a few lines, because it doesn't. Anyhow, I figure I can use my blog as a venue for sharing some of the stuff I have written. This one is from this last Easter on Good Friday. I had spent some time in the Word and read through Matthew 26-28. After reading, the words for the poem just flowed:

Son of God,
Son of Man,
Descended from Your throne.
Wrapped in human flesh,
Destined to die alone.

Drank the cup of Your Father's will,
Broken and crushed,
Lashed and cursed,
Eyes of scorn that looked upon Your face.
How could they watch?
How could they cheer?

It was all God's plan
To redeem His created man.

Death would not last,
The tomb would not keep You in.
You rose and left
Having paid the price for sin.

Son of God,
Son of Man,
Ascended to the throne.
Wrapped in glorious light,
Destined to come again.

No comments: